Frequently Asked Questions

Under construction


What is the climate like?

The Kruger Park Area experiences winter and summer at the opposite times as Europe and North America. We correspond to them as dry and wet season, respectively. The wet season, the summer (October to April), is hot and often humid. During the wet season it rarely rains all day, but afternoon thundershowers are common. The dry season, the winter (May to September), is warm and mild although it cools off considerably at night. Therefore in the winter is advisable to take warm clothing for early mornings and evenings.

What is the best time of year for game viewing?

Every day of the year is a good time for game viewing, all with its own specialities. For example in the winter there is less vegetation, but in summer you get much larger group of animals. But know that animals are active 365 days a year. If there is something you are specifically looking to see, consult with us upon making your booking.

Is the area malaria free?

No, the area is a low risk malaria area. Chemoprophylaxis are the medications used to prevent the chances of contracting malaria. Malaria is more prevalent in the wet summer season from October to April. It is always best to consult your local medical practitioner about taking anti-malarial tablets, and the best decision that can be made with the information he or she can give you.

What are the requirements to enter South Africa?

When travelling to South Africa, it’s important to take note as to whether you’re required to have a Visas. You also need to note that travellers over one year of age coming from a high-risk area need to bear a Yellow Fever inoculation certificate.

Do you cater for vegetarians?

Yes, we most certainly do. We have a large variation in vegetarian dishes as well as meat substitues.

Do you allow children in the lodge or on gamedrives?

No, we do not allow children under the age of 18 years.


In South Africa, we drive on the left-hand side of the road and wearing a seatbelt is compulsory. Non-residents are permitted to drive with a driving license issued and valid in their own country. However, it must be in English and have the photograph and signature of the holder. If yours doesn’t meet these requirements, an international driver’s license is required.

Xongile Lodge

Ontdek nu zelf het Laagveld van Zuid Afrika